While search engines do flag some websites for being unsafe, they only flag 17% of websites infected with malware. That means search engines don’t provide any warning to the other 83%.

A search engine only finds malware on sites as fast as it crawls them. How often a search engine crawls a site depends on a variety of factors, which means it could be hours, days or weeks before your site is crawled and an infection is found. By the time Google alerts you, the damage has already been done!

Read some more about Malware.